- Correct teacher student ratio (1:30 for primary schools, 1:35 for upper primary schools)
- Separate toilets for girls and boys
- Access to clean drinking water
- Separate kitchen to cook Mid-day Meals
- Access to library, play ground and play material
- Safe school buildings
A MBBS student from Kashmir, stressed by exams and the pandemic, uses art to unwind.
The Union government's Soubhagya Jyoti scheme aimed to electrify every Indian village by Mar 2019. But that ambition is yet to be realised.