INDIA UNHEARD – the Grassroots Newsroom
IndiaUnheard is a video news agency formed entirely of community-based correspondents whose stories capture the unique perspective of India’s most marginalized communities. From the Tribal heartland of Chattisgarh, to the deserts of Rajasthan; from the ecological hotspots of the Sunderbands to the cities at the heart of the Kashmir conflict; from the mining-affected and insurgency-ridden districts of Jharkhand to the industrial corridors of an India undergoing transformation, VV’s Correspondents are where the true picture of India emerges.
20% OF VIDEOS
solve the problem the videos are about
STORIES LEAD TO CHANGE
after producing a video, the Correspondents show them to relevant officials.
SOLID TRAINING AND SUPPORT:
- Stories are thoroughly researched, and enhanced by a lifetime’s worth of related experience
- Multi-week immersion training given to each Correspondent, developed with assistance from agencies like Bloomberg and Reuters
- Weekly one on one phone-based mentorship
- Monthly in-person trainings
- Verified reports
- Correspondents are paid for all reports and work
- Factual subjective reporting
- Correspondents live the problems they report on, giving their stories a unique perspective
- This is news by those who live it