Location: Goa, India
- Develop and implement an effective fundraising strategy, in line with the organization’s annual plan, along with the Director
- Create funding proposals – research funders, draft proposals, write email solicitations – to corporate and individual donors and foundations
- Grow income over the next 5 years and improve the sustainability of the organization by proactively securing funds from new income streams
- Coordinate with State Coordinators, Community Correspondents, Mentors and Goa team to collect information needed to complete a grant proposal.
- Co-ordination with Accounts Department for support Donor reports and fund management
- Co-ordination with Program Staff for their Resource needs, budgets, proposals and Donor Reports
- Conduct research and documentation on VV’s own impact and programs by conducting interviews, visiting field sites and researching our projects
- Comprehensive updated database of relevant funders
- To provide support in handling event management and negotiation with sponsors.
- Write case studies based on data analysis and anecdotal evidence
- Draft and edit correspondence and donor reports
- Coordinate workshops, conferences and meetings for recruitment, training, partnership and funding related work
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of four years of post-college experience in communications, sales and marketing, or journalism
- Excellent writing skills
- Strategic thinking
- Proven networking and relationship-building abilities; proven experience in a role that requires high levels of face time with people from a variety of sectors
This position is based in Goa. Goa, with its low cost of living, beautiful beaches, wonderful food and mild climate is one of the nicest places in which to live.
Note: Pursuant to our gender parity in workplace principle, this position is open only for women candidates. Women from Dalit (SC) or Tribal (ST) backgrounds will be given preference.
Video Volunteers is a media and human rights NGO that is growing and changing together with the media and social change space in India. We are an international community media organization that equips women and men in underdeveloped areas with video journalism skills, enabling entire communities to expose under reported stories from their communities and take action to right the wrongs of poverty, injustice and inequality.