- Demonstrable commitment to human rights and social justice.
- “Social media DNA” or strong desire to use it for social good outreach/amplification.
- Diplomatic and polite
- Sense of humor and ability to sometimes find ways of amplifying VV’s serious work in a fun way.
- Willing to fully immerse yourself in understanding VVs work via an in-person or Skype training.
- Believe that social media is a tool and not a means to an end—in other words, understand VV’s philosophy and share responsibly with an eye to the work on-the-ground.
- Spread daily VV video reports and other material posted on VV social media outlets: YouTube, FB, Twitter...via your own social media platforms.
- Find ways of engaging your audience with the material by personalizing it (more on this during the training)
- Commit to sharing VV material with your network at least 3X a week or as often as you like but do it in a thoughtful way and analyze whether constant updates are as effective with your audience as are biweekly, for example (but most importantly, be effective and balanced with how you share (see below).
- Share VV materials across various platforms, not just one (FB, Youtube, Twitter, Tumblr, Linkedin….)
- Social media is BIG—it’s not going anywhere & this pro-bono position will be a boost to any career, be it within the NGO or private sector.
- You will position yourself to be a leader in the kind of social media that changes the world. Increasingly, communication and marketing jobs require skill in social media (we already see this in some advanced countries).
- You get to be inspired every day—that is priceless…think daily endorphins!
This video is a story of success, a story of a small win against a giant corporation. A story of persistence and a never-say-die attitude. This year, the workers of 3 gardens in the Alipurduar area of Kumargram Block, received a slightly increased yearly bonus, an increase of 3%, from...
Video Volunteers launched an online and offline campaign called “#kNOwTrafficking- Taskari Jaano, Taskaari Roko'' on July 18, 2022.