You believe that the right words can get people to listen. You believe that the right voice can get people to act. You think of social media as a platform that collapses borders and unites people. You believe you have the power to inform and transform society. You are a tireless crusader, dedicated crusader with a taste for social change. Video Volunteers wants you to join the change revolution. We want you to be our Social Media Ambassador For Change. Video Volunteers is an international NGO that works with marginalized communities by training community video correspondents to expose under reported stories from their communities. We publish these stories on various platforms and allow the voices from the communities to reach out and speak to the world. We empower the correspondents to take action to right the wrongs of poverty, injustice and inequality. Read below for more... WHY: We want thousands of people to start watching the under reported stories of the world, told by “those who live it”. We want to help amplify the voices of these offline communities by being their bridge to the world. We want to create a platform where online world can actively participate to bring social change on the ground. MUST-HAVES:
- Demonstrable commitment to human rights and social justice.
- “Social media DNA” or strong desire to use it for social good outreach/amplification.
- Diplomatic and polite
- Sense of humor and ability to sometimes find ways of amplifying VV’s serious work in a fun way.
- Willing to fully immerse yourself in understanding VVs work via an in-person or Skype training.
- Believe that social media is a tool and not a means to an end—in other words, understand VV’s philosophy and share responsibly with an eye to the work on-the-ground.
- Spread daily VV video reports and other material posted on VV social media outlets: YouTube, FB, Twitter...via your own social media platforms.
- Find ways of engaging your audience with the material by personalizing it (more on this during the training)
- Commit to sharing VV material with your network at least 3X a week or as often as you like but do it in a thoughtful way and analyze whether constant updates are as effective with your audience as are biweekly, for example (but most importantly, be effective and balanced with how you share (see below).
- Share VV materials across various platforms, not just one (FB, Youtube, Twitter, Tumblr, Linkedin….)
- Social media is BIG—it’s not going anywhere & this pro-bono position will be a boost to any career, be it within the NGO or private sector.
- You will position yourself to be a leader in the kind of social media that changes the world. Increasingly, communication and marketing jobs require skill in social media (we already see this in some advanced countries).
- You get to be inspired every day—that is priceless…think daily endorphins!
vvadmin / August 23, 2022
Video Volunteers launched an online and offline campaign called “#kNOwTrafficking- Taskari Jaano, Taskaari Roko'' on July 18, 2022.