Openings at Video Volunteers India
Video Volunteers India, based in Goa, is looking to fill several positions to help lead our organization into the next phase. VV is a media and human rights NGO that is growing and changing along with the media and social change space in India. We need dedicated people with great ideas to join us on this journey of empowering community voices. This is the chance of a lifetime to be part of an energetic, entrepreneurial organization with a lot of passion.
The possible rewards of working with VV are huge changing the media model as it is today.
The perfect candidate should be creative, enthusiastic and driven, and should be passionate about creating tangible and lasting solutions to the voicelessness of the disadvantaged in India.
Email your CV along with a thoughtful cover letter that helps us know you better. Tell us where you think Video Volunteers should be in five or ten years, and your role in getting us there. Let us know where you want to be career-wise in 5-10 years. Tell us what you’re best at, what you want to learn, your salary expectations and the earliest you can join,. Applicants who don’t take the time to write a cover letter will not be considered.
Remuneration will be in accordance with prior work experience in related field.
Mail your applications to videovolunteersindia@gmail with the position you are applying for in the cover letter.
Due to the volume of applicants anticipated, we will not be able to respond individually to each applicant and will only be contacting those applicants that we feel best meet our criteria.
Video Volunteers India is looking for an Executive Director to lead and expand our programs and organization in India. The goal is to make Video Volunteers India the leading media, human rights and social communications organization in India, that plays a key role in turning community media into a social movement. Our goal is to put the importance of community-produced content squarely onto the agenda of all those involved in social change in this country. Concretely, we wish to bring the tools of content creation to thousands of villages and to create several hundred more Community Producers, as well as transition the existing Community Video Units to viable models of community ownership.
- Partnerships expand VVs network of partners in the nonprofit, governmental and corporate sectors
- Fundraising secure finances for the finances of VVs activities, that will include earned income through the mainstream media so as to lead to the creation of a financially viable media industry at the base of the pyramid.
- Campaigns create campaigns on social issues in partnership with social movements and international organizations, where VV delivers community-produced content for use by many different actors
- Mainstream media partnerships secure distribution/broadcast partnerships with different mainstream media channels
- Global expansion Create strategies to strengthen VVs international work
- Policy Advocacy carry out policy advocacy in India around such things as the Broadcasting Bill, Community Radio Policy, as well as exploring possibilities for advocacy at an international level around the importance of voice in the development process
- Staff Training responsible for building a strong team , and nurturing and managing staff
- Adequate experience running a nonprofit
- Media, arts or social communications background
- Amazing communications skills
- Management experience such as building a team, handling the finances and fundraising of an organization
- Strong network in the nonprofit, government and mainstream media circle
Senior Video Trainers
Video Volunteers is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering community voices and to democratization of media. We set up community media units where poor and disadvantaged people are trained to create their own media content as a step towards finding solutions to their problems. Members of these units learn to be powerful communicators, journalists, filmmakers, and advocates and leaders in their communities. If you are video/film maker experienced in teaching/training and interested in working with the underprivileged communities in India then do read on.
We are looking to employ Senior Video Trainers who are interested in being part of a growing community media movement.
- Proficient in all aspects of video production–shooting, writing and non-linear editing
- Must have 4 to 5 years of video training experience,
- Candidates with experience of working in human rights or development organization will be preferred
- Must have shot, written and edited your own videos
- Must have strong creative and storytelling abilities
- Must have leadership qualities to motivate and lead
- Must have great communications skills and a desire to work with communities
- Must be willing to travel to remote, rural area for sizeable amounts of time
- Must be proficient in writing and reading English, Hindi and third language preferable
- Must show a reel of work you have shot, written and edited on your own
The Program Coordinators manage the community video projects after they have been launched. They are very involved with the Community Video and Radio projects, and are in regular touch with the Community Video Producers and our NGO partners. The role involves trouble-shooting and problem-solving, as well as great organizational skills necessary for keeping projects on track.
- Organize training schedules for video and radio training
- Create progress reports on each VV project, including maintaining the quantitative data
- Organize events such as Training Camps and regional trainings
- Handle all scheduling and logistics for program activities
- Create projects for volunteers and interns
- Update training manuals and review training reports
- Three years of work experience
- Academic background in social work or management
- Extremely organized and enjoys working with data and creating management systems
- Great writing skills in English
- Great communications skills for building relationships with community producers and partner organizations
- Communication skills in Hindi and English
The Senior Administrator will manage the office in Goa, making sure that things run smoothly and working to maintain a smooth, professional, positive office environment. He or she will be involved in all administrative and legal issues, including supervision of accounts and audits. She will play a key role in Human Resources, such as handling initial interviews with potential staff.
- Identify and interface with key consultants/associates, such as lawyers, accountant, landlords, etc.
- Oversee the audit and maintain the basic accounts, such as the daily Petty Cash and Vouchers
- Oversee the hiring process in the office and basic HR issues such as monthly reporting and expenses of staff
- Manage all Office Correspondence – Letters, Emails, Telephone, etc.
- Manage Office Equipment, Office Space, books and video library
- Maintain the contacts database and mailing lists
- Manage Appointment Schedules, Meetings, Events/Conferences, Travel Arrangements and Logistics
- Undertake Governance Responsibilities , such as board meetings, minutes, etc.
- Manage and Update Maintenance of Common Services and Contracts
- Manage and Update Office and Personnel Insurances (Mediclaim and Personal Accident)
- Write and Send Donor Compliance Reports
- Purchase Office Supplies and Equipment as per Purchase Policy
- At least three years work experience in administration or management roles
- Good writing and communication skills
- Adequate computer skills to work with data, text, and accounting
- Candidates with knowledge of Tally or Quickbooks will be preffered
The video editor will assist the program staff in preparing videos for distribution online and occasionally via mainstream media. Every month, video will be received from numerous community producers around the country in raw form, with scripts attached. the Video Editor will cut from this material numerous short, 3-5 minute web videos. Since most video will be for the web, the key skill needed is the ability to work efficiently, producing several short three minute videos every day.
- Cutting half hour community videos into seven minute subtitled videos to show at conferences and presentations
- Taking lots of raw footage plus scripts and creating numerous short web videos
- Subtitling videos into English and formatting them for the web
- At least one year experience working as a video editor
- Mastery of Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, Adobe Audition, After Effects, Photoshop, compression softwares
- Knowledge of uploading video on the web
The accounts officer will maintain the office accounts.
- Prepare monthly expense reports
- Maintain cash and bank books
- Prepare statutory audits
- Prepare financial reports
- Enter all data into softwares such as Tally or Quickbooks
- At least two years work experience
- Degree related to accounting
- Knowledge of accounting softwares such as Tally or Quickbooks