Read about Human Rights activist and Video Volunteers' Community Correspondent Aparna Marandi and her 4 year old son Alok's unconstitutional arrest by the Jharkhand police here- Day 1, Day 2, Day 3. This happened today. 12th December, 2012. At 10.06am, Video Volunteers called Shri. G.S.Rath and asked him the whereabouts of Aparna Marandi? His response: Mera Kya Lena Dena? (What do I have to do about it?) So if one is to take the DGP's statement into account, it bears asking the question - who is responsible for policing in Jharkhand? So let us hear it from the horse's mouth. DEMAND FREEDOM FOR APARNA & ALOK
Call For Aparna & Alok (in 6 simple steps)
1. Dial the DGP, Jharkhand, Mr. GS Rath on 09934315260 / 09431115260. (He picks up the phone)
2. Ask why Aparna Marandi was detained without a reason and not produced before a magistrate within 24hrs?
3. Ask why she was forced to sign a confession document linking her to maoists/ Naxal attacks?
4. Ask why she was verbally abused, threatened, mentally tortured and not given food in custody?
5. Ask him why his statement says that he is not responsible for the case.
6. Ask him who is responsible for policing in Jharkhand?
Thank you for supporting Aparna and Alok. Dial again and repeat.
SMS the DGP on 09934315260 / 09431115260
Why was Aparna Marandi arrested? Why was she tortured & not given food in prison? Why was she forced to sign a document linking her to 'Maoists/Naxal' attacks? Your statement says you are not responsible for the case. Who is responsible?
Aparna Marandi Ko Kyon arrest kiya gaya? Uska jail main shoshan kyon hua? Usse jabardasti kaboolnama pe dastakhat karke maovaadi kyon bataya gaya? Aapne kahan ke aap zimmedaar nahin hai? To kaun zimmedaar hain?
Aparna Marandi / June 5, 2020
A group of migrant labourers working in West Bengal have decided to walk their way to home in Bihar.
Soriya Banu / June 3, 2020
Labourers returning from other states have been quarantined in deplorable conditions in West Bengal's Malda.