- Two out of every three working children are physically abused.
- Over 50 percent children were being subjected to one or the other form of physical abuse.
- 50.2 percent children worked seven days a week.
- 53.22 percent children reported having faced one or more forms of sexual abuse.
- 21.90 percent child respondents reported facing severe forms of sexual abuse and 50.76 percent other forms of sexual abuse.
- Every second child reported facing emotional abuse.
The torch bearer of rights for marginalized tribals of Odisha
Piyali Mandal / March 29, 2023
If you ask Video Volunteers’ Community Correspondent Bideshini Patel to rate her childhood on a scale of 1-10, she would probably give it a negative marking due to the neglect and abuse she faced. But if you ask her to evaluate her professional life as an impactful journalist, resolving basic...