Location: Varanasi, India
- Conduct training sessions with rural community members on all aspects of video production, storytelling and journalism. Your goal will be to make rural people proficient in producing clear, well shot videos. You will also be expected to train on issues and activism. You will go through an in depth training when you join VV, but you will be expected to be very confident in all aspects of video production.
- Write field guides for Community Correspondents; training plans; and trainer’s guides
- Create assessment frameworks and assess community correspondents.
- Document your trainings, in such a way that we learn and constantly improve and understand our best practices
- Mentor community correpsondents on their video productions
- Plan out training workshops
- Plan out video campaigns in which several CC’s produce videos on different issues
Degree/Master in Journalism or Mass communication or media studies, development communication or equivalent,
- Proficient in all aspects of video production—scripting, shooting and editing. Must be able to show samples of work you have done. Ideally at least 4 years of experience. .
- Good technical understanding of video production and willing to explore new alternative technology to make videos
- Good Understanding of human rights and govt. policies and schemes on social welfare
- Excellent writing skills English and Hindi
- Experience in teaching and training a plus
- Candidates with experience of working in human rights or development organization will be preferred
- Must have strong creative and storytelling abilities
- Must have leadership qualities to motivate and lead
- Must have great communications skills and a desire to work with communities
Video Volunteers is a media and human rights non-profit that is growing and changing the media and social change space in India. We are an international community media organization that equips women and men in underdeveloped areas with video journalism skills, enabling entire communities to expose underreported stories from their communities and take action to right the wrongs of poverty, injustice and inequality.
Contact: Send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill up the online application form.
Explore other open position at our ‘Work with us’ page.