Video Volunteers is a media and human rights NGO that is growing and changing together with the media and social change space in India. We are an international community media organization that equips women and men in underdeveloped areas with video journalism skills, enabling entire communities to expose underreported stories from their communities and take action to right the wrongs of poverty, injustice and inequality.
Social Media Manager, Goa, India
The role of the social media Manager is to create and execute a social media strategy, increasing awareness of Video Volunteers’ brand and managing all of VV’s online content. The successful candidate will promote VV’s videos, impacts, campaigns and news via Facebook, twitter and other social media platforms. The person will be required to get VV established as a major presence with large and concrete followers on approximately a half dozen platforms. In addition, the role is about ‘virality’ – about enabling certain key videos or campaigns to go viral in social media. The person also needs to understand the VV content, as they are in charge of prioritizing social media strategies in an environment where we are publishing several videos a day, and to be able to identify a particular audience for a particular video.
The social media manager will:
- Writes fantastic content that greatly increases engagement on VV’s social media platforms
- Responsible for SEO and generation of in-bound traffic
- Is responsible for developing strategies to increase VV’s fan base on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube by outlining a content editorial calendar and conceptualizing strategies to increase audience participation.
- Is the primary person to carry out VV’s Facebook and twitter activities
- Acts as the voice of VV on those public sites, actively engaging followers in a dialogue in an effort to transform visitors into advocates for VV.
- Collaborates with the Production and Impacts teams in VV to create relevant content and interactive media experiences through the social sites.
- Researches and executes search engine optimization best practices in order to draw in new visitors
- Identifies outside consultants to work with where needed
- Develops online advertising (such as Google ad grants or Facebook advertising) to drive traffic to social sites.
- Delivers regular updates to supervisors concerning traffic and conversion of visitors
Skills & Education
- The ideal candidate will have at least four years of social media marketing experience
- Must be a person who lives and breathes content, and is highly creative. Must have documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Must be a fantastic writer, with all the skills of writing in an engaging manner for the online audience. Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Can plan sharp, innovative campaigns and be able to quickly adapt those strategies in response to viewer feedback.
- Must possess a great ‘voice’ online that is respectful, engaging and personable in order to retain visitors and engage them in one-on-one interactions.
- Must develop a good knowledge of VV values, programs and its human rights framework, as you will be the conduit between the public and VV and the public will view you as an authority on our work.
- Must be ready to work at highly irregular hours from time to time, as you may interact with fans in multiple time zones and be expected to perform updates in the early morning or late night.
Please send cover and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include examples of social media work, including links to social media pages you have managed and screen grabs of posts you have written.
Note: Pursuant to our gender parity in workplace principle, this position is open only for women candidates. Women from Dalit (SC) or Tribal (ST) backgrounds will be given preference.
Reports to Founding Director