The Video Volunteers Network is launching a documentary filmmaking project, with the support of the US Embassy in Delhi, and is seeking to appoint two program coordinators with the following duties. The goal of the project is to train 60 young filmmakers in five consular regions to produce 15 documentaries, and then to organize five film festivals. We are looking for a full-time Social Media Coordinator to join us for this exciting project.
Please apply with resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Social Media Coordinator (full time)
Location: Goa, India
Duration: 12 to 16 months
Start Date: Immediate
- Publicize the announcements regarding the filmmaking workshops and publicize on social media
- Create online engagement around the project giving updates about the filmmaking events
- Manage all events related to project on all VV assets – FB, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc
- Provide support to other team members on their communications needs, such as creating brochures, reports etc.
- Promote the videos online once they are produced
- Assist in writing narrative progress reports
- Write press releases and respond to media queries and encourage articles to be written about VV’s programs.
- Research and arrange field visits for media partners.
- Past experience must either be in NGO communications or as a journalist
- Social media management and/or online news a huge plus.
- Must be familiar with management of web and social media platforms, especially Facebook, twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Must have an excellent understanding of news cycles as well as social issues in the country, especially the ones that VV works on;
- Speaks and reads Hindi and English.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and experience in advertising is a plus
- Fair knowledge in Google tools such as Google analytics, Ad words, and SEO and Digital Marketing tools.