Project Coordinator- Operations and Special Projects
Video Volunteers is a media and people’s rights NGO that is growing and changing the media and social-change space in India. We are an international community media organization that equips women and men in underdeveloped areas with video journalism skills, enabling entire communities to expose underreported stories from their communities and take action to right the wrongs of poverty, injustice and inequality. In our main program very marginalized communities produce video stories on people’s rights issues, to show to local officials of the area and to the rest of the world via the Internet.
The role of the operations coordinator is to help ensure that we are working at our maximum efficiency and to assist in smooth functioning of VV state offices and funded projects. She/he will work closely with the State Managers and community correspondents to track and monitor performance. She/he will also be responsible for periodic funder reports and VV’s internal operations related reports.
- Be responsible for smooth functioning of State Offices.
- Create the state monthly plans for each state. This will be done by collecting and collating plans of each strategic area.
- Ensure that the components of the state plan are followed through and all concerns are escalated to the Manager State Offices
- Coordinate state advocacy efforts in collaboration with Goa based Advocacy Managers when needed
- Coordinate state communications and PR efforts in collaboration with Goa based Communications Manager when needed
- Coordinate state recruitment and expansion efforts when needed
- Be in regular touch with state coordinators and other state staff to check progress against the plan.
- Be one of the chief troubleshooters for all state related matters.
- Give inputs and insights in meetings and strategic discussions.
- Conduct trainings of state staff when required
- Manage the assigned special project from end to end. This will include coordinating with state and Goa teams to ensure roll out of the project.
- Create monitoring excels and other documents to keep track progress of the special project
- Write the report of the project
- Read contracts and proposals and make tracking sheets for the agreed upon deliverables
- Track deliverables and collect information. Raise and escalate instances of deviation from the agreement.
- Write the periodic funder reports. These could be quarterly, half-yearly or annual.
- 1 to 4 years of experience in the development sector or in the private sector managing complex operations
- Mature, respectful and calm demeanor
- Excellent writing skills
- Process orientation
- Understanding of issue related to People’s Rights
- Ability to multitask and keep track of various deliverables and projects
- Knowledge of Excel, PPT and other office suite. Advance knowledge of Excel desirable.
- Languages- English and Hindi
In accordance with our staff diversity standards, preference will be given to women candidates. Candidates from marginalized backgrounds such as Dalit (Scheduled Castes) and Adivasi (Scheduled Tribes) are especially encouraged to apply.
This position is based at our head office in Goa and involves occasional travel
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org