Location: Goa, India
The Program Manager will be in charge of leading VV’s gender program.
About the Gender Program:
Video Volunteers has produced hundreds of videos on gender issues, and we are beginning a campaign called ‘dismantle patriarchy’ that aims to bring to the fore community women’s voices and knowledge on gender issues. The campaign will entail discussion clubs in villages and discussion online regarding gender.
- Create an overall campaign plan in line with VV’s annual plan for the year
- Create the social media and content calendar and plan for the Campaign
- Plan the re-edits of the videos and write great copy – video titles, social media posts, etc.
- Situate our campaign within the national policy and advocacy framework related to this issue and within the women’s movement
- Ensure a strong knowledge base for the campaign in terms of its relevance to the wider women’s rights movement in India, by continually researching the issue, engaging local activists in our activities and writing about the issue
- Design training materials and discussion club guides for the Community Correspondents and their villages
- Roll out and monitor gender discussion clubs
- Network with colleges to create discussion clubs
- Create online campaigning materials such as petitions and blogs and coordinate with the communications team to design the site
Skills & Education:
- The ideal candidate will have at least five-seven years of social media marketing experience
- The ideal background is women’s studies, communications or advertising/marketing
- Must be a person who lives and breathes content, and is highly creative. Also, must have documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Must be a fantastic writer, with all the skills of writing in an engaging manner for the online audience. Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Can plan sharp, innovative campaigns and be able to quickly adapt those strategies in response to viewer feedback.
- Must possess a great ‘voice’ online that is respectful, engaging and personable in order to retain visitors and engage them in one-on-one interactions.
- Must have a good knowledge of VV values, programs and its people’s rights framework, as you will be the conduit between the public and VV and the public will view you as an authority on our work.
- Must be ready to work at highly irregular hours from time to time, as you may interact with fans in multiple time zones and be expected to perform updates in the early morning or late night.
Note: Pursuant to our gender parity in workplace principle, this position is open only for women candidates. Women from Dalit (SC) or Tribal (ST) backgrounds will be given preference.
Video Volunteers is a media and people’s rights NGO that is growing and changing together with the media and social change space in India. We are an international community media organization that equips women and men in underdeveloped areas with video journalism skills, enabling entire communities to expose underreported stories from their communities and take action to right the wrongs of poverty, injustice and inequality.