The Communications Officer is responsible for furthering VV’s reach on its digital platforms and achieving VV’s campaign goals through the use of social media and by creating compelling content.
- Develop innovative content and engagement strategies for the VV website and a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and other emerging social media platforms.
- Write compelling email copy to VV supporters, donors and fans to mobilize them to action.
- Collaborate with the Campaigns and Advocacy Teams to build campaigns around stories with high scale-up potential.
- Come up with and implement strategies to scale up the impact of select stories.
- Cultivate relevant media contacts in each state of VV’s operations. Nurture these contacts and utilize them to highlight relevant stories when needed.
- Find innovative ways to generate interest in our campaigns and advocacy efforts.
- Help manage VV’s growing social media presence by creating and posting content, tracking and responding to comments, and identifying and developing relationships with influential audiences
- Monitoring and engaging in constructive online conversations to enhance audience engagement
- Research possible additional online vehicles for sharing information about the work of VV
- Editing and creating pictures and graphics for use on VV’s digital channels
- Reporting and analyzing social media analytics on a monthly basis and producing campaign reports as and when required.
- Managing VV’s YouTube channel content i.e check playlists, ensure that videos etc are in order.
- Monitoring performance of the YouTube channel and implementing strategies and insights
- Optimise all YouTube videos using strong titles, custom descriptions with links, and keyword tags
- Help with writing ads for our google adwords account
- Coordinate subtitles with the Production Coordinator and freelance subtitlers, send weekly videos, check subtitles, subtitle videos when necessary, raise invoices and ensure timely payment.
- Publish stories on VV’s website
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field and 2-4 years of post-college experience in online communications, NGO campaigning or journalism.
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills and strong writing and proofreading skills
- Experience with and understanding of various social media platforms;
- Experience of creating engaging online content (graphic assets, info graphics, interviews, email content, blog posts)
- Experience with Social Media Analytics and Mapping.
In accordance with our staff diversity standards, Preference will be given to women, transgender, Dalit (SC) and Adivasi (ST) candidates.
Send in your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also fill up our online application form.