The Communications & Social Media Manager is responsible for furthering the organization’s reach on its digital platforms and achieving its campaign goals through the use of social media and by creating compelling content.
- Develop innovative content and engagement strategies for the organization’s website and a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other emerging social media platforms.
- Write and publish stories weekly on organization’s website
- Write compelling email copy to supporters, donors and fans to mobilize them to action.
- Collaborate with the team to build campaigns around stories with high scale-up potential.
- Come up with and implement strategies to scale up the impact of select stories.
- Cultivate relevant media contacts in each state of operations. Nurture these contacts and utilize them to highlight relevant stories when needed.
- Find innovative ways to generate interest in our campaigns and advocacy efforts.
- Manage organization’s growing social media presence by creating and posting content, tracking and responding to comments, and identifying and developing relationships with influential audiences
- Monitoring and engaging in constructive online conversations to enhance audience engagement
- Research possible additional online vehicles for sharing information about the organization’s work
- Editing and creating pictures and graphics for use on digital channels
- Reporting and analyzing social media analytics on a monthly basis and producing campaign reports as and when required.
- Write ads for our google adwords account
- Coordinate subtitles with the Production Coordinator and freelance subtitlers, send weekly videos, check subtitles, subtitle videos when necessary, raise invoices and ensure timely payment.
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field and at least 4-6 years of post-college experience in online communications, NGO campaigning or journalism.
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills and strong writing and proofreading skills
- Experience with and understanding of various social media platforms;
- Experience of creating engaging online content (graphic assets, info graphics, interviews, email content, blog posts)
- Experience with Social Media Analytics and Mapping.
In accordance with our staff diversity standards, Preference will be given to women, transgender, Dalit (SC) and Adivasi (ST) candidates.
To apply for this position please fill up this google form: https://forms.gle/TxQJTPHXZVPpvvyf8