Voicelogue (VPL) is an Indian media company specialized in creating socially oriented content whose main client is Video Volunteers, an award-winning international development nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities to right the wrongs they witness.
The COO role will be focused on operationalizing strategy and is responsible for the efficiency of business. The number one goal for the position is ensuring the organization meets its operational targets.
Reporting lines: As the number 2 position in the company, he or she will report directly to VPL’s Director; all other staff in the organization will directly or via their supervisors report to the COO.
Objectives of this Role
- Ensure the successful execution of the operational strategy, which is captured in the annual plan. Translate strategy into shorter duration quarterly operating planning, implementing organization-wide goal setting, performance management and Monitoring and Evaluation systems, and setting actionable goals for program growth.
- Lead and motivate the staff. Oversee employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
- Adhere to organizational well as national legal policies, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary
- Collaborate actively with the company’s major client(s) to translate it’s contract into strategy.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement.
- Develop actionable strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the Director and client representative.
- Oversee the operationalizing of the strategy and build and execute the monitoring and evaluation and project management systems to meet the goals.
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key partners and clients.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Write and submit reports to the directors in all matters of importance.
- Set challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance and profitability.
- Create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes.
- Provide accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the company.
- Foster a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- At least 10 years of experience in a management role, in which they have managed large teams in a corporate or nonprofit environment.
- Must have a keen interest in the social mission that underlines the work.
- Must strongly adhere to principles of fairness and justice – particularly with respect to marginalized and vulnerable groups like women, religious minorities, Dalits etc.
- Very strong leadership capabilities for people. The personal skills to gain the respect and trust of a team and nurture their development.
- A creative problem solver who also has an interest in designing operational systems and processes to help an organization grow.
- Skills in budgeting and finance a plus though not necessary.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to write reports and plans and external communications.
- A data mindset – must be able to understand and commission reports and use data in making decisions.
This is a full time position based at out head office in Goa
Please send your resume and a note explaining why you are a good fit for this role to human firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: COO VPL