Co-ordinator (Training and Mentoring)
Video Volunteers is seeking a Coordinator (Training and Mentoring). The person would be responsible for building and supporting the growth of a vibrant Community Correspondent network across different states of India and strengthening the position of video volunteers as a key human rights and media organization representing issues of social justice, rights and entitlements, human rights violations. The coordinator will train, mentor and provide all issue based and technical support needed for the community correspondents on a day to day basis for producing videos and creating positive change in the communities they live in.
1. Coordination with community correspondent network
- Mentor community correspondents on all aspects of conceptualization, production and dissemination of videos/information.
- Train potential CC’s as trainers and mentors.
- Communicate/coordinate regularly with the state coordinators, editors and community correspondents.
- Coordinate with the impacts manager in following up with all impact stories and work with the state advocacy coordinators or directly with key decision makers – at the village, district, state levels – who can take action and draw up an impacts, lobbying and advocacy plan as suited for the issue.
- Ensure that community correspondents are supported in engaging with communities in a two way process of information sharing using participatory ways of working.
- Manage program MIS: Maintain all documentation related to production of stories, tracking impact and all other data pertaining to our community correspondents.
- Research on key issues that we work on.
2. Advocacy & Networking
- Identify potential impacts from all the videos, either locally or nationally and discuss on how to maximize this with the State advocacy manager and Impacts manager.
- Contribute to designing and implementing an advocacy plan for the different states on identified issues in consultation with the Impacts Manager.
- Contribute to designing and implementing campaign ideas on the identified issues
3. Other coordination
- Assist in communications and fundraising and partnerships work as and when required
- Upload the daily IndiaUnheard video/write articles and blogs when required
- Coordinate workshops, conferences and meetings for recruitment, training, partnership and funding related work
- Assist in office management and handle admin for the program as and when required
Qualifications/Experience: Atleast 2-3 years experience in the development sector. Must have great communication skills and interested in working with communities. Experience with community media will be an added advantage.
To apply, please fill in an online application from here.